Area of Mastery: Craft Self-Expression: Igniting Your Inner Muse (Spoke 17 – pg. 177)
Professional Profile: Owner and General Manager, diPietro Todd Salons & Academy
Favorite Quote: “At the end of the day, you have to respect people.” (pg. 185)
Important Links: diPietro Todd Salon
Kim on Instagram
Quick Facts About Kim Todd:
- Her company includes multiple salons in the San Francisco Bay Area, and they are consistent yearly winners in the “Best of the Bay” awards.
- One of the first ways Kim describes herself is “consistent.”
- Her staff jokes that since Kim travels between the salons, she is “here, there, everywhere and somewhere.”
- Kim appreciates art and her salons– open, airy and modern- all feature huge, bold and interesting art shows of local talent.
- Kim also expresses her creative side via social media– in particular, her Instagram account, which gives a hint how self-expressive, art-filled, cultured, and well-traveled she is!
- Kim serves on the Leadership Council for Rise Up, a nonprofit organization that helps women and girls transform their lives.
Download Megan’s FREE 16 Page Introduction to Reinvent the Wheel, featuring Kim Todd. Enter your information below to get instant access:
Spoke 17: Show the world you love who you are by crafting self-expression.
Every person has a myriad of different identities. In professional life, we tend to compartmentalize them. At the office, you are one version of yourself, and at home, another.
There’s a compromise when you do this – you are never expressing your full, vibrant self, only fragments. But it doesn’t have to be that way at all!
Your self-expression can come in many different, creative forms. For example, you could express your unique self with cooking, writing, photography, music, art, crafts, dance, computer design, gardening, stand-up comedy… the list of ways is as vast as there are individuals on this planet.
Whatever your unique outlet for expressing yourself may be, you will for a stronger connection to your identity as a whole, more comfortable in your own skin, more interesting to talk to, and many other benefits.
Not sure where to start? That’s where I can help. You are uniquely you, but in Reinvent the Wheel I can help you discover the version of yourself you want to express to the world.