Area of Mastery: Create Intimacy: Inspiration for Love (Spoke 18 – pg. 188)
Professional Profile: Co-founder and CEO, OCHO Candy – Serial Entrepreneur
Favorite Quote: “You need time away, and it makes you a better leader.” (pg. 195)
Important Links: OCHO Candy
Berkely Haas School of Business
Quick Facts About Scott Kucirek:
- Scott went to US Navy flight training school and was a helicopter pilot
- He has been married to his wife, Mirjana, for more than 25 years, and they try to eat dinner together nightly.
- He adores his two daughters, Natalie and Juliet, who are now in med school and college, respectively
- His first startup was zipRealty.com; he got venture capital funding for it while in getting his MBA at the Haas School of Business at Berkeley.
- Scott now lectures at Haas on entrepreneurship
- His second major entrepreneurial venture is OCHO Candy, (O stands for organic and CHO stands for chocolate)
- He is very into CrossFit, and started the popular yearly Triple Crown event at his gym.
Download Megan’s FREE 16 Page Introduction to Reinvent the Wheel, featuring Scott Kucirek. Enter your information below to get instant access:
Spoke 18: Open your heart by creating intimacy.
There may be no greater joy in life than loving and being loved in return.
The worst consequence of an overwhelming professional life is isolation and loss of personal connection. Events are missed, dates are forgotten, and relationships suffer. We forget our greatest priority as human beings: each other.
The final act of healing for me was forming deeper intimacy with the people in my life. I prioritized my daughters, I made new friends, I read about relationships and communication.
And it worked. I opened my heart and I found the greatest human connections I’ve ever had in my life.
There is no reason to do this alone. In Reinvent the Wheel I will talk about how to nurture your relationships, make new friends, and strengthen family bonds to fill your life with irreplaceable intimate connections.